Internet Brands is an American new media company based in El Segundo, California, United States, that operates online media, community, and e-commerce sites in vertical markets. The company also develops and licenses internet software and social media applications. The consumer internet division owns and operates more than 95 websites in seven categories. The company attracts more than 62 million unique visitors per month, with 97% of the audience originating from organic, non-paid sources.
WebMD is looking for a Database Developer with a diverse background in data integration to join the Data Management team. You don’t need to be a doctor to work at WebMD, but we’re looking for individuals who can fix and solve any data problems. Some data is small, some data is very large (1 trillion+), some data is structured, some data is not. Our data comes in all kinds of sizes and shapes, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Vertica, MongoDB, HIVE to name a few. Our data could reside on physical, could reside on VM or even on the cloud. You will be responsible for collaborating with web developers, mobile developers, data scientists and business intelligence teams to design and develop custom data solutions. This position is not for you if you are looking for direct instructions or supervision. We are looking for an individual who can solve any problems on their own, make their own decisions and make a direct impact to the business. You’ll be working with a great group of technologists interested in finding the right database to use, the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you’re ready to step up and take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, this is a unique opportunity for you.
● Design, develop and support multiple data projects in traditional
relational databases such as Oracle, MSSQL and PostgreSQL as well as
non-traditional databases such as Vertica and Hive.
● Analyze business requirements, design and implement required data model and ETL processes on your own
● Participate in data architecture and engineering decision making/planning
● Translate complex technical subjects into terms that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
● 8+ years of experience with traditional database development on Oracle/MSSQL/PostgreSQL
● 2+ years of experience with databases other than Oracle/MSSQL/MySQL, such as Vertica, MongoDB or HDFS/HIVE
● Programming skills in either Java or Python
● Experience in shell scripting languages such as Bash or Bourne
● Understanding of Ad tech stack and data (Ad Servers, DSM, Programmatic, DMP, etc)
● Strong communication and documentation skill is absolutely required for this role as you will be working directly with both IT and non-technical groups
(nice to have)
● Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Perl
● Experience with the ETL tools such as Pentaho or Talend
● Web analytics or Business Intelligence a plus, but not required
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.