What kind of person are we looking for?
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a QA Engineer. The QA Engineer will work closely with the QA Manager on process engineering and project development. As part of his/her duties, the QA Engineer will be expected to document and perform testing on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have software quality assurance experience in web-based technologies, a background in computer science, proven automated scripting capabilities, meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Coordinating testing activities with the QA Manager and Project Managers.
– Working closely with on-site and remote development resources in several countries.
– Assisting in the design and evolution of the company’s QA process.
– Planning, creating, and documenting testing for projects.
– Reviewing test plans, test cases, and scripts to ensure coverage based on requirements.
– Test case and script design, maintenance, and validation.
– Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
– Setting and meeting schedule estimates, timelines, and milestones.
– Developing and executing automated test scripts.
– Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
– Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
– Reproducing customer-reported issues.
– Assisting developers with issue analysis.
– Verification of patches and bug fixes.
– Managing, training, and mentoring interns, from time to time.
– Experience in software quality assurance in web-based technologies.
– Strong understanding of the SDLC and multiple software engineering and testing methodologies.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited, four-year university or equivalent professional experience.
– Strong understanding of web-delivered applications.
– Experience with API Testing using Postman
– Proficiency in web-based, n-tier software testing
– Experience with functional, compatibility, integration, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, and stress testing.
– Proficient in SQL.
– Experience with automated load testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Mercury LoadRunner, Mercury QTP, Watir, WebTest, Eggplant, Canoo).
– Experience creating test cases and testing documentation from requirements/specifications.
– Experience gathering testing requirements for projects with minimal development documentation.
– Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
– Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.