Internet Brands is an American new media company based in El Segundo, California, United States, that operates online media, community, and e-commerce sites in vertical markets. The company also develops and licenses internet software and social media applications. The consumer internet division owns and operates more than 95 websites in seven categories. The company attracts more than 62 million unique visitors per month, with 97% of the audience originating from organic, non-paid sources.
We are looking for an ETL developer for one of our biggest clients. Please take a look below for the responsibilities you’ll have and the requirements you’ll need!
– Design and develop in traditional relational databases such as Postgres as well as non-traditional databases such as Hadoop or Vertica.
– Analyze business requirements, design, and implement required data models and ETL processes on your own.
– Participate in data architecture and engineering decision-making/planning.
– Create an enterprise-level data inventory regardless of source, format, structure.
– Connect and integrate individual datasets for better analysis and transparency between the data.
– Translate complex technical subjects into terms that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
– Collaborate with the database development team and provide technical direction/guidance on the design and implementation of data solutions.
– BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years of database development experience
– Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho.
– Excellent knowledge of SQL and Hadoop.
– Good Unix shell scripting.
– Database design and optimization.
– MySQL, PostgreSQL.
– Hive for distributed databases.
– Spark for Data Analytics.
– Linux, Unix, BSD.
– Experience with large and high transaction database architectures.
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.